Saturday, March 2, 2013

Germany: Children's choir, update (Part 2)

I've sent an email to the Cantor of the Church of the Ascension in Munich, asking if this church is indeed the locale for the stamp issued in 1988 featuring a children's choir and organ. Just for kicks, here is my English version of my query along with what Google translate did with it, plus a couple of my own corrections. I hope it makes sense to Herr Cantor!


I would like to know if the interior of the Himmelfahrtskirche has appeared on a German postage stamp. I have a stamp issued by Germany in 1988. It shows a children's choir and pipe organ inside a church. The stamp designer told me it was the Himmelfahrtskirche in Munich. However the image on the stamp does not resemble the interior of the church as shown on the website. However, I noticed that the church underwent renovations 1988-1992 and an organ dedication in 1994. So I wonder if the stamp shows the interior of the church before renovations to the facility. Otherwise, is there another Himmelfahrtskiche in Munich that is shown on this stamp. Thank you for any insight you can share.






Ich würde gerne wissen, ob das Innere der Himmelfahrtskirche auf einer deutschen Briefmarke erschienen ist. Ich habe einen Briefmarke von Deutschland im Jahr 1988 ausgegeben. Es zeigt einen Kinderchor und Orgel in einer Kirche. Die Briefmarke Designer sagte mir, es war der Himmelfahrtskirche in München. Allerdings wird das Bild auf der Briefmarke nicht ähnelt das Innere der Kirche als auf der Website gezeigt. Allerdings bemerkte ich, dass die Kirche renoviert 1988-1992 und eine Orgelweihe im Jahr 1994 unterzogen. Also ich frage mich, ob Die Briefmarke in das Innere der Kirche vor Renovierung der Anlage zeigt. Ansonsten ist es eine andere Himmelfahrtskirche in München, die auf dieser Marke angezeigt wird. Vielen Dank für die Einsicht kann man teilen. Ich hoffe, meine internet-Deutsch ist verständlich!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
 

No comments: